Monday, June 20, 2011

My time is coming to an end

If you're reading this you've probably already heard that I am stepping down from Noise Complaint. This was not an easy decision for me but I feel that it is the right one. I told myself that as soon as the show stopped being fun and started to feel like work I would walk away. We are at that point.

I started this show about 4 years ago when I left Philadelphia for a job opportunity in D.C. Noise Complaint gave me an opportunity to stay connected with Philly and the (at the time) YRock crew that I had been working with since day 1. It also gave me an escape from my "real job" which wasn't really all that glamorous. Each week I would spend my down time looking up new music from some of punk rock's biggest names as well as the newcomers. I would go out to concerts to see new acts and interview artists. Long story short, I put a lot of time into the show and outside of keeping my job I would have done just about anything for Noise Complaint.

Over the last year or so my schedule has been getting more and more full with my current job. It's a job that I love and one that I had been really working toward. Because of that I've had less time to dedicate for Noise Complaint. When it came time to work on the show it felt like more of a chore than the fun project it used to be. Record labels have been offering me opportunities to talk with artists or have them come by my studio and I've had to decline to all of them because I didn't have time. That's not what I envisioned when I started the show and it's not fair to all of you if I simply "mail it in" each week. You deserve someone that really cares about the music and the show.

My last episode of Noise Complaint will be next week (06/27) and we're going to go out with a bang with an all covers episode. I say that it will be my last episode because the boys at YNotRadio.net want to try and keep the show alive with another host. They have asked me how I felt about it and I told them to go for it. The show has meant a lot to me over the years and I think it would be incredible for someone with the passion I once had to step in and keep it going. If you think you might want to go for it shoot me an email to noisecomplaintradio@gmail.com.

It's been a pleasure doing this show for you and I wouldn't trade this time for anything. I've loved every second of it and I'm simply walking away before I start to resent it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment